You are using an outdated and unsupported browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Skip to Header Navigation Skip to Main Navigation Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer

Total and Permanent Disability

If you have a medically determinable physical or mental impairment or are a veteran with a service-connected condition, you may qualify for a discharge based on a total and permanent disability.

For Federal Loans

Please contact the Nelnet Total and Permanent Disability Servicer for further information and to obtain an application.




U.S. Department of Education
P.O. Box 87130
Lincoln, NE 68501

Overnight Delivery:
U.S. Department of Education
121 South 13th Street, Suite 201
Lincoln, NE 68508

For Private Loans

Please contact us to determine if you are eligible or for further information.