You are using an outdated and unsupported browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Skip to Header Navigation Skip to Main Navigation Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer

We understand the sacrifices made by servicemembers are enormous and we appreciate your service to our country. That is why we want to make you aware of the benefits that may be available to you because of your military service.

We realize it may be tough to manage your account while you are serving in the military. Here are some steps you can take to manage your affairs while you are away from home during military service.

  • Create an online account to make managing your loans easier while away.
  • Sign up for Direct Debit to establish automatic monthly payments.
  • Appoint an agent to act as Power of Attorney (POA) and send us a copy of your POA, or authorize a third party to access your accounts.
  • Review and update your contact information, as necessary.


If you are currently employed by a U.S. federal, state, local or tribal government or a qualifying non-profit organization (including U.S. military service), your loans may qualify for the PSLF program. To learn more about the PSLF program, visit our website or

On April 19, 2022, the U.S. Department of Education (ED) announced several changes and updates related to IDR plans to include adjustments to borrower accounts, several one-time loan forgiveness actions, and new policies. Learn more about these changes on our IDR Plan Waiver page or visit ED’s website.

Update Your Contact Information

Please ensure our records have your correct name. An incorrect name may impact our ability to monitor your account for continued SCRA eligibility. If your name is incorrect, please provide acceptable documentation for us to update your name.

You can sign in to Account Access to update your mailing address, phone number, and email address. This is how we will contact you about your student loans while you are away.

Third Party Permission

You can give us permission to release account information to individuals you authorize. Although they can receive specific information about your loans, they cannot make changes to your account. To authorize a third party to obtain your account information:

  • Borrowers can sign in to complete the Account Authorization Agreement process.
  • Endorsers can complete and print the Account Authorizations Agreement, sign, and mail to the address provided on form.

Power of Attorney

Providing POA to someone you trust may be the most useful option if you have limited access to your account while you are away. Unlike someone who is only authorized to obtain information about your account, you can provide your POA with the ability to make decisions and changes on your account. Contact your Judge Advocate General's Corps office for more information. If you are not a military member, you may contact your legal counsel for more information.

Make sure your name and account number are listed on the document prior to mailing or faxing.

The benefits offered to servicemembers are different depending on the types of loans you have. Review the specifics for each by selecting your loan type below:


Are you a Power of Attorney (POA) for an active duty service member? Mail or fax the documentation to:

American Education Services
P.O. Box 2461
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2461
Fax: (717) 720-3916

Don't forget to include the service member's name and account number (if you have it).

Summary of Benefits

View all of the benefits available to you as a dedicated member of the armed forces.